Olsson’s Redgum Smoked Salt Flakes
Olsson’s Redgum Smoked Sea Salt is a beautifully packaged, traditional smoked salt enhanced with the aromatic and complex characteristics of the Australian red gum wood. It adds a rich, moky flavour to everything from meats, poultry and seafood to salads, soups, sauces and vegetables.
- Additional information
In 2016, After three years in consultation with The Bridge Room’s Ross Lusted, Olsson’s Salt is proud to launch their Olsson’s Red Gum Smoked Sea Salt made in collaboration with Pialligo Estate Smokehouse in Canberra.
Smoked salt has been a favourite Scandinavian seasoning for centuries, dating back to the time of Vikings who infused sea salt with smoke from native wood fires. The Olsson family has continued this proud Nordic tradition by smoking their Australian sea salt flakes, from South Australia’s Eyre Peninsula, over native river red gum (eucalyptus camaldulensis) for 72 hours in the traditional northern European style at Pialligo Estate Smokehouse, Canberra. The smoking results in a unique salt enhanced with the aromatic and complex characteristics of the Australian red gum wood.
- Australian Owned
- Salt from the South Australian Eyre Peninsula
- Smoked with native river red gum (eucalyptus camaldulensis)
- Adding a rich, smoky flavour to everything from meats, poultry and seafood to salads, soups, sauces & vegetables.
- Sprinkle Olsson’s Smoked Red Gum Sea Salt on soft-boiled eggs and toast soldiers.
- Season homemade mayonnaise.
- When grilling or barbecuing fish, sprinkle with olive oil and Olsson’s Red Gum Smoked Salt to give it a smokey flavour.
- Lightly brush roasting vegetable (potatoes, turnips, parsnips, etc) with olive oil, sprinkle with the salt and roast as normal
- Sprinkle popcorn with Smoked Salt.
- Add to soft butter and serve on BBQ corn-on-the-cob or simply with bread.
- Sprinkle on BBQ steaks after they have been cooked to bring out the smoked flavour.
- Sprinkle a little onto a fresh tomato salad or over vegetable before grilling.
- Olsson’s Smoked Sea Salt is delicious in sweet potato mash